Thursday, October 2, 2008

I have been an RPN for 13 years and a couple of years ago I decided that it was time to go back to school for my degree. As I started this journey I decided I should not be doing this alone and brought a friend with me. Since we both work together I thought that we should both go to school together.
I work at the super jail in Lindsay and have been there for 4 years, and absolutely love my job and the people I work with.
I have 2 children, aged 18 and 19. My daughter is at Algonquin College taking the Pre-Nursing program and will transfer to Ottawa U for her degree in nursing and my son is currently finishing high school.
I am enjoying my time at UOIT and the challenges that go along with it. I find that the use of the laptops is very frustrating because I hate computers. I have always been a pen and paper type of person. Designing this blog is like talking in a foreign language to me. I think I would do better learning Spanish!!!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Good luck on your path to becoming a BScN RN!! It's a lot of work, but just as I am sure that you thought at the beginning of your journey, before you know it, it will be over!! Then you can reap all the benefits of all those long days and nights of studying and working....maybe even in a warmer climate!!!